The temperatures are finally getting really summery and we’re probably all looking forward to balmy summer evenings. Whether at home or on the terrace of the hotel bar – a fresh cocktail (or two or three) is definitely part of our idea of a perfect summer evening. At the same time, nothing screams summer quite like Margarita. That’s why today we’re introducing you to the Falkensteiner Hotel Kronplatz‘s signature cocktail: Ginger Margarita. The classic margarita with homemade ginger juice, which you can easily recreate at home.
What you need:
- 30ml Patron Anejo Tequila
- 30ml lime juice
- 15ml ginger syrup (recipe below)
- 15ml Cointreau
- 1 rim ginger salt (if not available, other high-quality sea salt)
- 1 lime wedge
How to do it:
- Stick a piece of lime on the rim of the glass, go 2x the round with it and then turn the rim of the glass in the salt.
- Put all ingredients in a shaker, add ice and shake vigorously
- Strain over ice into prepared glass
Squeeze lime wedge into drink and add lime to a glass
Recipe ginger syrup:
Cool 200g ginger in 1l hot water. Then boil with 600g sugar until sugar dissolves and bottle hot.