Autumn is here and with it begins the season of cozy evenings at home. When the temperatures drop and the leaves turn colorful, there’s nothing better than wrapping yourself up in a cozy blanket with a steaming bowl of soup in your hand.
Soups are very easily prepared without animal products. Hannah Baresch, vegan chef and founder of Virtskuchl, cooked many plant-based delicacies (her vegan desserts are heavenly!) as part of the Vegan Month at the Falkensteiner Balance Resort Stegersbach. The passionate cook told me a few delicious soup recipes. Of course, I don’t want to withhold them from you:
Pumpkin coconut soup
- 500g Hokkaido pumpkin
- 250g coconut milk
- 200ml water
- 25g ginger fresh
- 50g shallots
- 1 organic lemon
- Salt & pepper
- Divide pumpkin into wedges, remove seeds and cut into rough cubes.
- Peel shallots and cut into cubes.
- Peel ginger and cut into fine slices.
- Heat some oil in a pot and sauté shallots in it.
- Add ginger slices and pumpkin cubes and sauté briefly.
- Add water and simmer.
- Add coconut milk.
- Puree finely with a hand blender and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Carrot and potato soup
- 150g potatoes
- 500g carrots
- 1 piece of onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 0,75L vegetable stock
- 200ml vegetable cream
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Peel potatoes and carrots, cut into cubes.
- Cut onion brunoise.
- Heat butter in a pot and sauté onion until translucent.
- Add potatoes and carrots and sauté briefly.
- Pour in stock and simmer.
- Add vegetable cream and puree.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Enjoy trying out the recipes! 😊