In the heart of Vorarlberg, in the middle of the Montafon, the new Falkensteiner Hotel Montafon is currently being built and will open its doors in December 2022. The special feature of this new project is the clearly defined focus on sustainability, which will be found at all levels. The project is not alone, however, because the entire region has been operating a sustainable and consciously thought-out tourism concept for several years, which is unparalleled.
To get a deeper insight into the Montafon region, surrounded by a gigantic mountain panorama, and its secrets, we turned to Judith Grass, Managing Director of Golm Silvretta Lünersee Tourism. Her focus is on sustainability, innovation and digitalisation. In a conversation, she was able to give us many insights and insider tips into this exciting destination.
- Hello Judith, thank you very much for your time! Let’s start right away with the first, important question: What makes the Montafon region unique?
- What are your favourite places in the Montafon region?
- The Montafon region is known for its sustainable tourism concept, what aspects are special here?
- Summer or winter, what are the highlights of the region?
- Linguistically, the Montafon is also very unique. What makes the dialect so special?
- Which three dialect words do you think you should definitely know?
- Guata Margat – Good morning
- Trola – stumble
- Hees – clothes
- What must you have eaten to make your Montafon holiday perfect?
We would like to thank you, Judith, for this exciting insight into the unique region of Montafon and wish you all the best for the future! Header image: © Golm Silvretta Lünersee Tourismus GmbH Bregenz, Stefan Kothner